Newport Corporation Production Technician 1 in Rochester, New York
Job Description :
Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is the world s largest photonics company providing innovative solutions and industry-leading product brands to multiple markets. Our combined product portfolio includes Corion , ILX Lightwave , New Focus , Ophir, Oriel Instruments, Richardson Gratings , and Spectra-Physics Lasers. We provide complete photonic solutions to make, manage and measure light.
This is an entry level position that is responsible for the take apart process of diffraction gratings. The Production Technician I will be responsible to handle a variety of sizes and weights of products and requires good dexterity and eye hand coordination. Quality, precision and ability to follow work instructions are a must. Ability to use a computer and MS office is required.
* Responsible for the set-up and initial testing of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies
* Follows test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams
* May test assemblies and/or final systems
* May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing
* Assists in the set-up of specialized equipment
A successful Production Technician is a problem-solver and analytical thinker. They have exceptional attention to detail and a passion for producing quality, dependable work. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, this position requires
* A minimum of one year experience in a production environment
* An AA degree, vocational training or military technical training preferred but not required
* Ability to read drawings and use measurement instruments
* Attention to detail and quality, ability to check and identify defects
* Ability to read and carefully follow work instructions are a must
* Good motor skills and ability to do fine hand assembly
* Experience using computer and MS Office
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Employer's Job# 1026
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.