Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Manager, Global Applications Development
Job Code: 2565
# of Vacancies: 1
Seeing things in a different light is just the beginning at CooperVision. Our visionaries put ideas into action, raise the bar on product excellence and create the next generation of contact lenses. And now, so can you. Join our team and become a part of a world class organization that is the second largest contact lens manufacturer in the United States and the third largest in the world. A global powerhouse, we tout a network of facilities that expands our reach to 70 countries.
We offer some of the most respected brands and most advanced lenses in the industry, including our recently launched silicone hydrogels Biofinity® & Avaira® which offer the best vision possible in a soft contact lens. Our Proclear Compatibles® lenses deliver unmatched all day comfort. And our Frequency® 55 Multifocal lenses use a revolutionary two-lens system to help correct presbyopia.
Realize your vision ....
JOB TITLE:Manager, Global Applications Development
DEPARTMENT: Information Services
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of Global Applications. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide the development team on the design, development, and deployment of business-critical software systems. Will encourage the increase in maturity of the existing organization by introducing optimized methods of developing applications through a traditional waterfall as well as Agile-like methodologies.. Directly manages development staff located in several Global locations in assigning and monitoring work, ensuring timely delivery of project commitments with the highest quality of output.
* Lead a team of developers in the technical design for software modifications to existing systems as well as recommendation, design and development of new software applications that meet business requirements and goals.
* Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts. Provide technical support and developer training as required.
* Ensure that any new software integration into business systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
* Collaborate with Functional Analysts, System Design Architects and Application & Database Administrators during technical design and testing of application changes and enhancements.
* Maintain a formal schedule of projects assigned and pending. Periodically review this schedule with users/project management team to ensure proper attention and priorities are given to each request.
* Schedule programmers’ work assignments to satisfy user requirements while making the most effective use of personnel resources. Be able to track and manage the group’s resource utilization.
* Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce development policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices. Create and enforce standards for program coding and documentation so they are uniform in nature, and easy to understand and maintain.
* Assist in the development of the departmental budgets. Monitor spending to stay within current budget.
* Maintain awareness of technological developments in computer hardware and software systems.
* Manage and Mentor the Applications Development team including performance appraisals, and career path planning.
* Provide timely and concise summaries of work status to Senior IT Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Possess a thorough understanding of and solution design/implementation of:
* Technically fluent in programming languages, including Visual Basic and .NET. Prior experience with TIBCO or other Enterprise Application Integration tools a plus.
* SOA based applications and architectures
* Software development life cycle (Waterfall & Agile like methods) and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Cloud-based applications and integration with same.
* Implementing software estimation models and coding standards.
* Other desirable skills Include:
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Excellent time management
* Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Ability to produce exceptional quality output.
* Ability to suggest technological best/proven practices.
* Normal office environment.
* Sedentary to light physical effort necessary to perform the job.
* Extensive contact with employees and external business partners and vendors.
* Frequently subjected to irregular hours and pressure due to time demands
* Some Travel is required (< 10%).
* Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
* At least 7 years direct experience in software development with minimum of 3 years of Management experience in a software development organization
* Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, release cycle and implementing software solutions.
If you do not remember your passwordclick here.
Back to Search Results
© 2011 CooperVision