University of Rochester Information Analyst I in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Materials Management Svcs SMH
The follow statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all job duties.
Savings Analysis and Tracking
- Performs reporting on cost savings in the Supply Chain Department. Work collaboratively with Supply Chain Management to monitor initiatives.
- Regular review, identification and calculation of cost savings from pricing opportunities.
- Assists in development of procedures and reports for cost reduction efforts.
- Analyze and interpret data, statistics, and financial information and reports to ascertain usage trends.
Product Demand Analysis
- Research and validate inventory stock levels established by primary medical/surgical supply distributor. Ensure stock levels are appropriate on an institutional level. Follow up with end users to understand irregularities in usage.
Support Hospital Stores
- Identify, research and resolve discrepant invoices for Hospital Stores.
OR/Cath Lab Implantable Device Tracking Mandate
- Identify cases where manufacturer warranty coverage applies to an implantable device that has been removed. Coordinate with OR Nursing, Cath and EP Lab, Materials Management, Accounts Payable, Patient Accounts and the Manufacturer to return, record and track devices, credits, and required patients account modifications.
Ad Hoc Analysis/Training
- Assume responsibility for special programs involving analysis of financial data and recommend changes based on analysis done.
- Assist in preparation of various ad hoc reports as requested by senior management.
- Participate in educational programs for professional growth and development.
- Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of finances and procurement. Must have a relatively high level of analytical ability necessary to analyze product purchase volume and evaluate overall system demand for vendor supplied products. Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, PMM, and other related software. Knowledge of the U of R Finance policies and compliance with these policies regarding all procurement activity.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Information Analyst I
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 203919
Full/Part Time: Full-Time