Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
JOB TITLE: Report Writer/Data Analyst
Category: Health Information Management
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Affiliate: Health Quest System
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Shift: Day
Work Week: 9 am - 5pm
Req Number: 8657
Health Quest is the Mid-Hudson Valley's largest healthcare system providing the highest quality care across a broad spectrum of services. Offering the full range of hospital services, pre-hospital emergency care, homecare and nursing home care, the Health Quest system provides immediate and caring service to the one million people who reside in the New York counties of Columbia, Dutchess, Ulster, Orange, Putnam and northern Westchester. The 697 bed not-for-profit, had more than 33,500 patient admissions and more than 95,000 emergency room visits in 2006.
As part of our Team, you'll be eligible for the following benefits:
(Details outlined in various plan documents)
Comprehensive Health & Dental Insurance Options
Generous Paid Time Off program
Employer Paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts: Health and Dependent Care
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement program
Long Term Disability (full time positions)
Long Term Illness Bank
If you're ready to make a positive career move, then contact now for immediate consideration!
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for providing analytical support to the Health Quest Medical Practice organization for a variety of eMR and other business applications. The Analyst will generate reports to support as well as monitor the data quality and integrity across various application functional components. The Analyst role provides accessibility to clinical reporting that will be used to drive both patient outcomes and data quality.
1. Work with HQMP leadership and Clinical Informatics Manager to review scope / specification of reports in order to develop required reports for all areas of HQMP operations (Front, Middle and Backend.
2. Review report specification for completeness and accuracy
3. Provide first level review of reports to best ensure their accuracy
4. Maintain an accurate inventory of requested reports and report modification
5. Develop new reports as needed/requested by management to provide timely and accurate information to decision-makers.
6. Import data into database and use tools to create integrated data models by translating functional requirements into reporting objects.
7. Work with Clinical Informatics Manager and report requestors to evaluate their requests, clarifying the request and uniqueness of data, sometimes offering alternative solutions which may not be an automated report. Identify problematic data areas and conduct research to determine options for resolution.
8. Obtain and extract data from existing internal and external data sources.
9. Analyze and resolve issues with integration and management of data.
10. Identify analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex datasets.
11. Perform basic statistical analysis for reports and projects.
12. Develop reports, graphs, and presentations of project results including dashboards.
13. In collaboration with others, develop and implement data collection strategies for optimal data quality and develop and maintain databases and systems needed for department functions and projects.
14. Recommend improvements on the current reporting systems including tools, services, protocols and standards that will either streamline the work effort or improve data quality and integrity.
15. Communicate reporting changes, enhancements and modification verbally or written documentation to the Clinical Informatics Manager so that issues and solutions are understood.
16. Provides issue resolutions management, communicating with appropriate IT staff, or vendor to resolve issues. Tests, documents and implements recommended solutions. For High-impact or complex issues, escalate appropriately to Manager, Director or VP.
17. Responsible for analysis, solution definition, technical recommendation and testing of the upgrade of each system used for reporting and perform gap analysis for changes to current reports as well as test and validate the upgraded system and reports.
Bachelor's degree with 5-8 years of professional experience programming and developing queries and custom reports required.
Procificiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel required
Understand and use ODBC connectivity required
Cognos, 5-8 years of professional experience required
Cognos, SQLServer, Business Objecgts, Crystal Reports, SAS, SPSS or other statistical package for analyzing large datasets required
Experience with healthcare preferred
Experience with eClinical Works (electronic health record) a big plus
Expertise in data mining required
Ability to present complex information in an understandable way
Technical expertise regarding database modeling and design required