The NPD Group, Inc. Senior ETL Engineer in Port Washington, New York
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
This position will be part of our dynamic and fast paced development team. You will be responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining the core data processing platform as well as data analysis in the company.
* Gather requirements from Operations and Products to define data definitions, transformation logic, and data model logical and physical designs, data flow and process.
* Design, develop, and test data processes per business requirements, following the development standards and best practices.
* Perform data analysis on input and output data using the tools available, and solve any data related queries or issues.
* Develop, test and automate metadata upload/download, data quality control applications, release procedures using various technologies available, including Abinitio, SAS, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripts, andHadoop
* Work independently in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of data processes of moderate-to-large size and complexity.
* Work closely with Quality Assurance, Operations and Production support group to devise the test plans, answer questions and solve any data or processing issues.
* Document the data mapping, transformation logic and process flow for each development project.
* Work closely with Operational users to solve any issues in the data.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields. Masters preferred.
* 5+ years of directly related and progressively responsible experience with Database technologies (such as Oracle, Sybase or SQL*Server) and proficient in SQL and complex queries.
* 2+ years of experience with UNIX platform and proficient in Shell programming.
* Experienced and In-depth programming skills in at least one of the following languages on UNIX: Java, Ab Initio, SAS, C/C++, Oracle PL/SQL or Hadoop
* Experience in complex data modeling and data mining is a plus.
* Experienced with formal software development life cycle.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strength in data analysis and detailed oriented
* Ability to influence others and operate effectively in a matrix organization
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.