Acacia Network Temporary Bilingual Medicaid Service Coordinator in New York, New York
We are the largestHispanic non-profit organization in New York, and the second-largest Hispanic non-profit in the country. We’ve been servicing communities since 1969, and we’ve helped thousands and thousands of people with healthcare, substance abuse treatment, home and hospice care, affordable housing, and more. Each year, we care for more than 181,000 children and 118,000 adults. That’s an average of about 3,200 families. And by hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Orlando, and Puerto Rico.
Responsible for coordinating services for the clients in OPWDD population in the community. Responsible for updating and maintaining files according to OPWDD regulations. Works in conjunction with families to provided support to and advocate for clients. Coordinates linkage to service providers for the families she/he serves.
*We are seeking a Temporary Bilingual Medicaid Service Coordinator. The time frame for this position is from November 1-February 2018. The hours are 9am-5pm with some flexibility. *
- Conduct 3 face to face visits per year
- Complete monthly case notes
- Case loads of 40 individuals max
- Remains in contact with service providers monthly
- Send referrals for annual physical, evaluations, and services
- Remains in contact with the families he/she serves
- Develops and maintains the ISP’s and semi annuals
- Advocate on behalf of the individual
- Network with other providers to coordinate needed services
- Possesses the ability to work unsupervised in the community
- Maintains charts within OPWDD compliance
As a leader in the field of substance abuse services, Acacia Network promotes a drug free workplace policy.
Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity.
No employment services or agencies need respond.
- Associates degree or 6 college credits in Human Services Field required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Fifteen training hours per year (OPWDD)
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Temporary/ Seasonal
Required Education: Associate (AA, AS...)