Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Summer Camp Unit Head - New Country Day CampDepartment:Non-Managerial
New Country Day Camp is a Jewish summer day camp run by the 14th Street Y, a downtown Community Center of the Educational Alliance. Our camp services children ages 5-11 on a completely outdoor campground.
Unit Heads (male and female) are the curriculum developers and implementers in specific program units (sports, art, theater, gymnastics, nature, dance, martial arts). They supervise a team of camp counselors and act as positive role models. At all times, the Unit Heads are interacting with their groups, always encouraging, instructing, and supervising their campers. We expect Unit Heads to be professionals, like teachers or coaches, or be working towards that as their careers.
We are looking for Unit Heads with the following qualifications:
• Experience creating and implementing positive summer experiences
• Previous supervisory experience
• Experience with elementary school age children
• Curriculum development in specific program unit area
• Can attend all days of camp from July 1st through August 23rd.
Unit Heads are required to:
• Plan and implement camp programs
• Oversee counselors and an assistant unit head in your specific unit
• Take a leadership role on the camp bus from Manhattan or Brooklyn
• Be present at instructional and free swim periods
• Be an example for staff
• Attend all staff meetings during the summer
• Attend all orientations before summer
• Participate in a mentorship program with a senior Jewish educator to help create meaningful Jewish summer experiences for campers
Our campers and staff travel together each day by air-conditioned bus from Manhattan and Brooklyn to our beautiful, forest like, campgrounds in Staten Island, about 40 minutes away. All camp staff is required to take the camp busses to camp. Camp buses begin their routes at 7:45am. Please see camp website for details on camp bus stops.www.newcountrydaycamp.org
Please apply at:https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=207953
The Educational Alliance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them.
Go Back|Send this page to a friend
Our Flagship Building
The Educational Alliance
197 E. Broadway
New York, NY 10002
Cross Street: Jefferson
Find Our Other Sites
Go to our interactive map
Connect With Us
Get our eNewsletter