Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Senior Network Administrator
Channel One News is looking for an IT professional to support/expand the organization’s technology infrastructure. The Senior Network Administrator functions as part of the Information Technology team and is responsible for implementing and supporting the core technologies of the entire organization.
- Managing LAN/WAN Connectivity (switches, routers, firewall, etc.)
- Maintaining existing servers (backups, monitoring, routine maintenance, etc.)
- Supporting remote user access (Juniper VPN Client)
- Monitor and maintain network stability and resolve network related issues; and communicate/coordinate network/systems schedule, backups, and downtime to users
- Participating in all phases, from planning to implementation, of network infrastructure solutions in support of current and future business requirements
- Assist with Blackberry/Smartphone support and troubleshooting
- Assist with Desktop support (configuring/deploying, maintaining PC hardware and software)
- Second/Third-Level Help Desk Ticket Resolution, including supporting the business 7x24x365 and on-call support as needed.
- Manage network administration support including installation of operating systems and applying upgrades to all employees, accurate and regular data back up and archiving, and user/group rights and password management.
- Assist with System administration (MS Exchange, Great Plains, MS SharePoint, MS Office, etc.)
- Recommending Hardware & Software Purchases
- Staying up-to-date on current and future network infrastructure technologies, capabilities and trends
- Documenting policies & procedures
- Plans and implements appropriate hardware life cycle management practices
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience maintaining technology on an enterprise wide basis is required.
- Highly experienced with designing, implementing, and supporting Windows Server 2008 R2 including services such as AD, IIS, DNS, and Group Policy
- Strong understanding of Microsoft software (Server and Desktop), including Windows 7, and Server 2008 R2, Exchange Server, Outlook, Office, SharePoint, and other Microsoft Products.
- Proficiency with Apple iOS devices is a strong plus
- Proficiency with Linux is a strong plus
- Proficiency with Google Apps is a plus
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals (DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP, etc)
- Must have expertise in specifying, testing, deploying and troubleshooting commercial hardware and software.
- Experience with Virtual server technology (vmware) a plus
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and document solutions and educational material
- Ability to regularly investigate and solve non-routine problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with senior management; demonstrated ability to communicate solutions and educate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform at a high level of effectiveness in a fast pace environment, managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills; ability to work well with end users
- Positive attitude
- Should have the Ability to Work Independently and be able to establish priorities.
- Must have Excellent Troubleshooting and Communication Skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced dynamic and growing IT environment and the flexibility to work with a wide range of technologies.
New York, NY, US.