Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Sales Consultant - Enterprise, East
Location: New York, NY
Tableau Software is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world, with nearly 100% annual sales growth. Tableau makes fast analytics and visualization products that help people see and understand data of any size or format. The company is on its way to becoming a large, market-defining company in the business intelligence industry and is next in a long line of high profile Stanford spinouts (e.g., Google, Yahoo, VMWare). Customers of all sizes use our products, from Fortune 500 companies, to video game designers, to scientists in the jungles of Central America, to high school principals. Our software is for anyone with data and questions! Additionally, Tableau’s web products (www.tableaupublic.com) are used by bloggers, journalists, and major media web sites to share data online as interactive visualizations. Check out our products at:www.tableausoftware.com/product-tour.
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
The Sales Consultant has a specialized focus on and skills with deep technical proof points, including business intelligence, complex data sources and ETL. This Sales Consultant is the key technical point of contact for all enterprise deals at Tableau specializing in deals involving complex data. The Sales Consultant participates in data acquisition and transformation delivery and may provide oversight and technical checkpoints to enforce standards and quality of BI solutions. Researches new technologies, tools and methodologies as they emerge that may be applicable.The solutions consultant provides sales consulting presales support contributing towards the successful conversion of prospects to customers and engages customers to nurture repeat purchases.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
* Work with prospect’s data to deliver world-class product demonstrations
* Provide strategic presales support for sales activities including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations and other general sales support
* Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of Tableau’s products
* Drive all aspects of successful Proof of Concepts from requirements and design to training and delivery
* Communicate via phone, email, face-to-face and web meetings with prospects assisting and guiding them through the evaluation and selection process
* Communicate daily with sales staff regarding sales activities and strategies
* Educate and train the sales force in the features and use of Tableau and ETL products
* Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
* Be the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
* Support all strategic deals involving complex data and/or data sources
* Provide ETL support and skills on strategic proof of concepts
* Backup the technical support staff as needed
* Other related duties as assigned
Who you are…
* Excellent Communication.You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
* Experienced. 5 or more years’ experience in Sales Engineer/ Sales Consulting role. 3 or more years’ experience with Business Intelligence.
* Highly Technical. You have strong technical skills across various technologies & impeccable business acumen. Experience with SQL or MDX (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Analysis Services, Essbase, Netezza, etc.)
* A True Team Player.You’re the best at what you do and you know how to work with your colleagues to get their best.
* Domain. Experience with ETL tools (Informatica, Data Integrator, Data Transformation Services, etc.) a strong plus
* Energy and Enthusiasm.You believe in what we’re doing and won’t stop at anything to deliver on your goals.
To learn more about Tableau’s mission, please visit:http://mission.tableausoftware.com
Tableau is an Equal Opportunity Employer