Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Line of Service:Assurance
State & City:TX-Houston
Position Type:Full Time
Auto req ID:38502BR-0
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (www.pwc.com/us) is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC US) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of being part of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 163,000 people in 151 countries across our network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
Our Assurance practice collaborates with clients, so that the financial information they report to the investing public and other stakeholders is clear and reliable. When we fulfill our role as Assurance professionals, by standing firm on quality and integrity, we have a direct impact on how well the world's capital market system functions.
The highly trained and educated Assurance teams go inside companies, and get to know those businesses. They ask questions, test assumptions, and provide assurance that the companies are reporting information on which investors and others can rely. Every assignment is an exciting opportunity to learn, to grow and to understand how businesses operate from all levels and perspectives.
Our Assurance professionals are constantly challenged to learn more in order to provide our clients with the highest quality services. This learning takes place through interaction on the job with colleagues and clients, formal training programs, and the insights provided by mentors and coaches. PwC is all about our people, encouraging high performance and quality. Join us and we will help you implement a successful career strategy, as you explore the many career opportunities in PwC Assurance.
For companies today, everything is fast paced. The speed at which technology advances is incredible. While there's non-stop regulatory reform, moves are also underway to deregulate and company stakeholders increasingly demand transparency and accountability. Meanwhile, emerging markets and continued economic uncertainty add to an already risky business environment.
From the boardrooms to the back offices, we work with companies to deliver company controls that help them protect and strengthen every aspect of their business from people to performance, systems to strategy, and business plans to business resilience.
PwC-™s Risk Assurance (RA) practice is composed of more than 2,300 resources with significant industry and technical expertise in a broad range of risk and compliance issues.
We help companies achieve the confidence needed for strong three lines of defense on risk by:
-Building and fortifying internal and IT risk controls
-Developing and strengthening risk and compliance programs
-Improving the capabilities of Internal Audit function
We draw proudly on our auditing heritage as well as our commercial experience to rigorously evaluate and implement a companies governance procedures, processes, information, and controls. We provide broad support across a business to elevate trust and transparency, protect the business and give all parties assurance that risks are fully anticipated, understood, and managed strategically.
Risk Assurance SAP will provide a broad range of assess and recommend services specific to the SAP and SAP GRC platform related to controls around the financial reporting process, including business process and IT management controls. The team provides multiple services related to security and controls assessment, design, recommendation and configuration of SAP as well as SAP GRC including:
- Assessing, recommending and configuring financial and operational controls around the SAP application
- Pre- and post-implementation assurance reviews of the SAP implementation/major upgrades
- SAP project assurance services (including gate reviews)
- Application security and segregation of duties
- Assessing, recommending and configuration of SAP GRC technologies
- Sarbanes-Oxley readiness and controls optimization services
- Utilization of existing SAP functionality to replace / enhance manual controls
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of core financial modules, projects and some industry-specific modules and/or bolt-on products as well as GRC technology. Familiarity with multiple versions of the SAP application is highly encouraged;
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of security and control (including configuration) for some of the SAP and SAP GRC applications and/or technologies;
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of the design, implementation, and/or assessment of controls, including an understanding of the systems implementation lifecycle, including configuring and optimizing business process controls and application security;
- Demonstrates basic understanding of business processes related to core SAP and SAP GRC modules, including thorough knowledge of industry-specific modules/products and/or a proven record of success configuring and implementing within SAP GRC environments.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist within a professional services firm or large enterprise, including interfacing with clients on control solutions and participating in the planning and execution of projects.
- Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of identifying key risks and controls, knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley readiness, controls optimization, including the configuration of controls around security, business process and within the SAPGRC module.
- Demonstrates some abilities collaborating with systems integrators in developing business requirements and business controls in SAP and SAP GRC related implementations.
- Demonstrates some ability to adapt a work program and practice aid, as well as perform assessments, using PwC's proprietary or other relevant tools to evaluate controls, security, SOD, and potential for optimization.
- Demonstrates some project management skills in relation to SAP projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules.
- Demonstrates some abilities as a team member by creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations, and respecting the work-life quality of team members. This includes providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress.
-Demonstrates some abilities to identify and address client needs, including developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships and an understanding of the client's business.
Min Year Exp:
1 year of SAP controls auditing, consulting and/or implementing.
Min Degree(s) and Certifications:
BA or BS in Accounting or Management Information Systems or business related field