NYU Hospitals Center Registered Nurse, Psychiatry, Night Shift in New York, New York
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institutedesignated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Staff Nurse. In this role, the successful candidate Carries out patient care responsibilities with emphasis on decision-making related to the steps inthe nursing process to include assessment, diagnosis, identification of expected outcomes, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides competent, safe and compassionate care based on established NYUHC Patient Care and Nursing Standards. As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, formulates the initial plan of care with the provider (physician or nurse practitioner) and collaborates with them to implement a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care to achieve expected outcomes; utilizes principles of assignment and delegation consistent with the NY State Nurse Practice Act.
- Inspires peers and mentors others to design and implement improvement projects to achieve organizational goals within the quality and safety performance improvement plan, (QSPIP) and outperform benchmarks for nurse sensitive quality indicators (Include unit based quality measures e.g. HAPU, CAUTI, CLABSI, Falls).
- Champions the efforts of the unit practice councils (UPC). Utilizes the practice council structure to critically appraise and influence practice (Include supportive evidence).
- Adheres to patient care and nursing standards in care delivery, and uses clinical practice guidelines (CPG). Designs and develops standards for practice change.
- Engages in self-assessment and peer review; utilizes resources to meet individual learning need and promote professional development in clinical practice.
- Serves as a support, resource and preceptor for nursing staff and students. Coaches, mentors, and demonstrates a willingness to lead other staff.
- Complies with annual education and mandatory/regulatory requirements (Include learning transcript and supportive documentation).
- Recommends new strategies to enhance team collaboration. Demonstrates ability to differentiate those activities which are in scope of professional nursing practice, and those that may be delegated to ancillary staff.
- Complies with unit based and organizations professional standards, New York State Nurse Practice Act and regulations of relevant outside agencies, e.g., NY State Department of Health, The Joint Commission, regulatory requirements etc.
- Designs strategies to improve unit throughput efficiencies and metrics. (Includee unit throughput measures e.g. DBN, door to triage, assign to occupy, first case starts, room turnover)
- Leads unit activities and to maintain a healing, humane and caring environment and implements change through innovative methods
- Evaluates the patient’s progress towards expected outcomes. Involves the patient/family and interdisciplinary team in the evaluation process. Anticipates potential and actual variations, incorporates prevention strategies, responds to variations in patient’s progress by modifing the interventions. Reports documents and evaluates the effectiveness of the intervention(s).
- Educates the patient/family regarding health status and established plan of care. Determines learning needs of the patient/family. Implements an educational plan. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to modify expected outcomes, and engages clinicial experts to modify the education plan. Documents learning outcomes of patient/family; evaluates and revises education plan. Evaluates the effectiveness of patient education materials. (Include utilization of EHR education tools)
- Designs interventions in the coordination of patient care in a safe, timely and appropriate manner. Applies, oversees and ensures the escalation process. Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups and cultural groups in all patient care activities. Documents interventions per hospital standard.
- Collects, assesses and documents patient healthcare data. Leads an Inspires patient/family and interdisciplinary team to design a plan of care and outcomes that are realistic and measurable, using innovative strategies. Serves as a role model to inspire the team and other staff to prioritize care based upon data collected. Documents assessment and reassessment in medical records.
To qualify you must have a Licensure: Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York.Education: Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required; Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
Membership in pertinent professional organizations preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.