Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Project Mgr III - Technology (Job Number: 1212948)
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com.
Global Operations & Technology is a client service-driven organization whose talented and engaged team is dedicated to providing the most competitive services with the highest standards of ethics, quality and efficiency to our clients worldwide. Global Operations & Technology includes: - Global Business Continuity;- General Services & Corporate Real Estate; - Global Operations; - Global Procurement; and - Information Technology.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to manage various storage cost improvement initiatives.
- Manage activities across multiple storage cost improvement tracks
- Analyze / reconcile storage utilization metrics to identify storage opportunities
- Work in collaboration with the ESS Storage team, application managers and business owner to reduce storage consumption
- Participate in development of ROIs, and prioritize storage re-tiering, reclamation, over-allocation requests based on ROI.
- Analyze existing storage provisioning and service request processes and provide input on potential future improvements
- Develops detailed project plans and monitors project results for significant deviations.
- Assemble the project team and assigning responsibilities in a matrix environment.
- Controls execution of the Project's activities and resources to ensure that established cost, time are met
- Ensure adherence to current project management standard processes.
- Works with moderate supervision and is responsible for applying Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations
- PMP Certification
- Strong analytic skills
- Knowledge of IT Financial Management processes / practices
- Excellent Excel skills
- Knowledge of Storage Technology a plus
The job holder manages the planning, organizing and implementation of multiple complex technical projects (projects involving multiple systems interfaces and/or programs). S/he takes projects from original concept through final implementation. S/he is responsible for assembling the project team and assigning individual responsibilities. S/he directs and controls all work performed in the framework of the Work Breakdown Structure. S/he provides technical and analytical guidance to the project team.
Minimum 10+ years experience required. S/he has knowledge of technologies at use within the project(s) for which s/he is responsible. Job holder must have extensive experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives and communicating effectively with senior management on service-related issues. Prior experience managing major impact projects and planning and tracking multiple complex projects required. S/he develops detailed project plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans and monitors project results for significant deviations. S/he may manage the integration of tasks for vendor and other engineering groups and track and review their deliverables. S/he manages client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. S/he ensures adherence to current project management standard processes and ensures compliance to quality assurance policies.
The preferred candidate will have PMP certification or training or experience with BNY Mellon's PM Model, processes and practices. Must have a strong track record of moving complex development projects forward and motivating groups to meet and exceed goals. MS project/Visio and Excel experience strongly preferred.
Primary Location:United States-USA-NY-New York
Organization:Global Info Tech Division-HR06005