Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
OT/PT Medicaid Program Specialist
(Those who previously applied need not re-apply)
Please Note: Position only open to internal NYC Department of Education employees.
Position Summary:The process of Medicaid reimbursement for Occupational Therapy (OT) and Physical Therapy (PT) services requires NYC DOE to ensure that all eligible students have a yearly doctor’s order/referral to receive school based OT/PT. To facilitate this process, the Department of Education (DOE) will be employing physicians to provide OT/PT referrals, as appropriate, for students attending public, non-public and charter schools with an IEP that includes the provision of OT/PT services.
The OT/PT Medicaid Program Specialist will assist the Medicaid Program Manager and Director, Office of Health Services with the coordination and management of the overall program. Annually, an average of fifty thousand NYC DOE students receives OT/PT services. Therefore, the management of this program will be a large scale effort requiring communication and facilitation with several different DOE divisions. Performs related work.
Reports to:OTPT Medicaid Program Manager, Office of Health Services
Key Relationships:OTPT Medicaid Program Manager, Director, Office of Health Services, participating physicians, Directors of Occupational and Physical Therapy, therapy supervisors, School Health information technology staff, CFN special education coordinators, DOE staff with responsibility for Medicaid billing (Division of Financial Operations and NYS Medicaid compliance office) school staff and parents. The OTPT Medicaid Program Administrative Assistant will make use of School Health data management systems, the Automated Student Health Record (ASHR).
Program Policy and Procedure
* Adhere to OT/PT Medicaid Program Medicaid requirements.
* Recommend changes to program policies and procedures.
* Draft written summaries of the program as needed.
* Adhere to program specifications with NYS Medicaid compliance office, when appropriate.
* Assist with coordination program requirements with Cluster/Network administration and OT/PT Supervisors.
* Assist with identifying locations for physician assignment.
* Assist with scheduling physician appointments at schools.
* Assist with facilitating all necessary coordination prior to physician appointments at schools.
* Liasion with parents, school administration and OT/PT staff.
* Ensure all physician visits and record keeping adheres to Medicaid guidelines.
* Ensure all DOE OT/PT providers meet Medicaid provider requirements.
Data Management and Analysis
* Ensure that all orders/referrals for health related support services are entered into a database.
* Update, review and revise program management reports.
* Ensure appropriate use of forms/letters as required by DOE.
* Ensure that all DOE OT/PT provider Medicaid requirements are entered into database.
* Graduation from an accredited college with a baccalaureate degree and one (1) year of full-time, paid experience in one or more of the following areas of education administration: special education, career and occupational education, curriculum development, evaluation and testing, educational planning, and educational statistics; or
* High school graduation or evidence of having passed an examination for a high school equivalency diploma plus five (5) years of full-time, paid experience in education administration in one or more of the areas listed in “1” above; or
* Teaching experience in any of the above areas will be accepted towards meeting the minimum qualification requirements.
* Expert level Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
* Strong organizational and communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Applications will be accepted through February 14, 2013.
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability and/or grant funding.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 1102, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website athttp://schools.nyc.gov/OEO
Office of School Health (2233)