Highgate Hotels, LP Manager on Duty in New York, New York
Log back in!
MANAGER ON DUTY
MANAGER ON DUTY
Front Office Operations
Hilton Garden Inn 8th Ave
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
LOCATION : LOCATION DESCRIPTION
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a contemporary hotel ideally located at Eighth Avenue at 48th Street - steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row & more. The hotel offers 369 brand-new oversized guestrooms with king or two queen beds plus modern in-room amenities.
The Manager on Duty is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Front Office in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
* Respond to all guests requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
* Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Front Office personnel according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
* Carry a cell phone at all times.
* Develop employee morale and ensure training of Front Office personnel.
* Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of
* house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
* Attend daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings.
* Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
* Review Front Office staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
* Prepare employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
* Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
* Maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
* Ensure that Wage Progress, Productivity and the Ten Day Forecast are completed on a timely basis according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
* Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
* Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned checks, rejected credit cards, employee discrepancies, etc.
* Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
* Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s in its use.
* Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
* Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
* Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position for Front Office staff.
* Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
* Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
* Must maintain constant communication with Housekeeping, Reservations and the Credit Manager.
* Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
* Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Highgate Hotel philosophy of service.
* Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
* Follow and enforce all Highgate Hotel credit policies.
* Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
* Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to Highgate Hotel standards.
* Establish and maintain key control system.
* Ensure participation within department for monthly Highgate Hotel team meeting.
* Focus the Front Office Department on their role in contributing to the Guest Service and audit scores.
* Long hours sometimes required, flexible to work any shift including holidays and weekends.
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Ability to stand during entire shift.
* At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
* Supervisory experience required. Labor experience and Opera experience preferred.
* Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
* Must have a valid driver s license from the applicable state.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Employer's Job# 2017-3425
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.