Macy's Manager, Corporate Communications - Stores in New York, New York
* Job Overview: *
Are you passionate about internal communications and excited about informing and engaging Associates for a well-known consumer brand? Macy’s is currently seeking a Manager, Stores Communication who will help implement the communications strategy focused on our 140,000 Associates (employees) from our stores to our various corporate functions, all with a shared passion for making life shine brighter for our customers. This position is based in New York City.
This role will join a team of existing and new talent across a world-class holistic communications team all working together to build a strong communications function at Macy’s.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
• Partner closely with the Director, Stores Communication and team members to establish and maintain a holistic communications calendar for stores that is inclusive of all functions. • Collaborate with operations and strategic gatekeeping teams to streamline and optimize communication flow to store executives, associates and central teams. • Partner closely with technology teams to ensure communications channels are effective and optimized for usability. • Maintain store communications scorecard and create reports for communicating results to key partners. • Streamline and organize information on various communications tools (e.g., internal portal) so it is easy to find and read. • Ensure all communications are in-brand and visually appealing. • Serve as a proofreader and “second pair of eyes” for store communications. • Manage a Coordinator of Store Communications. • Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Qualifications: *
- Education/Experience: *
- * • Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, organizational communications or journalism required; • Minimum 5 years of internal or Stores/Retail communications experience; in-house experience a must; • Experience influencing and/or managing others.
- Communication Skills: *
- * • Demonstrated expertise in corporate communications, with specialization in internal communications, change management, organizational communications, and Retail related topics/programs; • Team player and collaborator; able to work simultaneously with many internal stakeholders.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Must have knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical principles; • Knowledge of and experience in calculating and reporting communications metrics.
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Demonstrated experience building broad-based, internal communications plans; • Strong personal impact with the ability to easily build relationships and credibility; • Flexible approach to work with ability to toggle between projects and priorities in a high pressure environment; • Innovative, creative, proactive and confident thinker; • Exemplary organizational and editing skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Physical Demands: *
- • * Must be able to stand, walk, bend and occasionally lift boxes under 30lbs.
- Other Skills: *
- * • Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite and other software programs
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York- NY
Req ID: COR03615