Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: International employee benefits consultant
Location: US-NY-New York
Job Number: NEW004F7
Mercer is the global leader for trusted Human Resources and related financial advice, products and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity and employment relationships of the global workforce. Mercer has more than 19,000 employees serving clients in over 180 cities and 40 countries and territories worldwide. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths in consulting, outsourcing and investments place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is an operating unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a leading global professional services firm with roots dating back to 1871. We employ over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries with annual revenue exceeding $11 billion. Marsh & McLennan Companies is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including: Marsh, our insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, our risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, our provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, our management consultancy.
The International Group Senior Associate will support the lead international benefits consultant in managing the work with large multinational clients on a range of international benefits issues and projects, and will be the lead international benefits consultant on smaller clients. The consultant will work with local Mercer benefits specialists around the world and provide advice on the benefit programs in place for non-US subsidiaries of multinational clients. This may involve developing client strategy, interfacing directly with clients and developing vendor relationships. To fulfill this role, the International Group Senior Associate will:
* Manage the day to day activity of local brokers and consultants around the world in relation to our Global Benefit Management clients (i.e., clients that appoint Mercer Marsh Benefit network as their broker for insured benefit programs globally). Take ownership of all client deliverables including the global tracking report, recommendation summaries, periodic reporting to the client, and ansering client queries
* Conduct analysis of multinational pooling for clients including analyzing existing multinational pooling reports and agreements, and assessing additional opportunities for multinational pooling. Prepare client ready report including recommendations
* Oversee and manage the compilation of global benefit inventories for multinational clients which includes gathering and compiling information on current benefit programs around the world, comparing against benchmarks. Provide recommendations on changes to benefit programs as appropriate
* Provide advice and support to other international consultants and clients on a range of other international benefits projects such as retirement design and funding, competitive benefit analysis, benefits for start-up operations, expatriate benefit design and program renewal/rebidding
* Understand and demonstrate project management and consulting skills such as: managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables; helping to develop budgets and billing reports; participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate; delegating to and reviewing project work of more junior colleagues; assisting with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications
* Act as the "go-to" person for clients on significant multi-country projects or as the lead international consultant on small-mid size multinational clients
* Liaise with Mercer consultants around the world to draft responses to client questions on non-US benefit issues.
* Delivers client-ready communications on technical subject matter
* Takes an active role in developing specific areas of intellectual capital (as identified by the global group)
* Provides mentorship and training to more junior international benefit consultants
* Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, finance, business or related field
* Five to six years of relevant experience required
* Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
* Excellent analytical, organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills; Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
* Ability to work independently and on a team
* Very familiar with international benefit issues
* Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by state regulations and Mercer policies
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at:http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:www.mmc.com/diversity.