Macy's Design Assistant - Hotel in New York, New York
Assist in interpreting the brand/label’s direction into materials, trims, styles, colors and patterns.
- Assist in the design of exclusive products and development of trends that support merchant objectives and Macy’s brand
- Prepare seasonal presentation boards, trend presentations/set-up for line previews and buy meetings
- Assist in identifying specific materials, color palettes, patterns and prints for the season
- Support Design Director and Designer in managing the needs of the Design Team
- Participate in research and development of seasonal trends
- Assist in shopping the retail and trend (fabric/color/fashion) markets seeking new merchandise ideas, as needed
- Create design development packages to distribute to technical design and overseas office, consisting of specs, color and reference stds.
- Work with CAD designers in developing print and pattern designs specific to the Hotel esthetic.
- Enter new design development into PLM and update on a daily basis with comments, rejections, and approvals, making sure to communicate with overseas offices to get information needed to complete PLM entries.
- Assist in reviewing development samples
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendars
- Communicate regularly with design and product team to share line development direction
- Assist in the tracking, review, approval of fabric samples, lab dips, strike-offs and other development materials
- Assist in approval of preproduction and bulk samples
- Participate in fit touch bases with Hotel product team and design
- Communicate on a daily basis with overseas offices
Attend training sessions
Bachelors in Design or Fine Arts.
- 0-3 years of industry experience.
Proficiency in PC operation, MS office and Excel
Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator software
Strong color sense / print sense
- Ability to view and differentiate the color spectrum
- Team Player
Presentation and organizational skills
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York- NY
Req ID: PRI01810