Google Creative Effectiveness Data Scientist in New York, New York
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Chicago, IL, USA
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As a Creative Effectiveness Data Scientist you will work with the largest advertisers and their media and creative agencies as a pivotal resource to elevate creative effectiveness on Google/YouTube, an expert in translating Google data into meaningful recommendations to inform brand strategy, YouTube assets, and creative analysis. The Creative Effectiveness Data Scientist will partner with Google sales teams to thread Google’s data and insights across the creative development process from strategy to creative to measurement.
You are a front line consultant that works directly with the largest advertisers, media and creative agencies on their creative strategy based on effectiveness research. You leverage your deep data science skills to analyze large amounts of data to develop a solutions that can improve advertiser results -- creative, brand and sales -- on YouTube leading to partnership and business growth. Using your entrepreneurial drive you target, educate and persuade new customers to embrace Google's latest advertising products and technologies. You also use this drive to develop new tools to better measure the effectiveness of YouTube campaigns. You tap your collaborative skills to forge deep internal relationships with other analytics teams.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Unearth compelling Google data to inform creative briefs and overarching brand strategy.
- Ignite new opportunities/recommendations for creative concepting/direction, generate more create assets made/edited for YouTube, based on Google data/insights.
- Suggest creative optimizations pre-launch, in-market, or post based on our analysis tools (e.g. YouTube Analytics, Brand Lift, Google Consumer Surveys).
- Author playbook on elevating creative effectiveness/higher performing creative assets on YouTube across Strategy/Creative/Analysis.
- Develop and leverage new tools to measure effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in data analytics.
- Fluency in Google’s insights and analytic data/tools eg Google Trends, YouTube Analytics, Audience Explorer (Insights Finder), Teacup, Wildcat, Correlate, Google Consumer Surveys, Brand Lift.
- Strategic thinking ability to extract meaningful output from/bridge data to creative insights, analysis, recommendations.
- Eloquence in presenting to external creative agency audience, media agency audience, clients at senior levels.
- Working knowledge of ad effectiveness, brand measurement techniques and data set systems (ie SQL). Analytical experience partnering in custom analyses (e.g. benchmarking), Google and third party analytical/research experience and usage, and marketing analytics techniques (experimentation frameworks, attribution models, statistical approaches).
- Track record of working with and/or for creative agencies.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.