Brixmor Property Group Analyst, Acquisitions/Dispositions in New York, New York
Job ID 2017-1230
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 7/14/2017
It is the policy of Brixmor that applicants for employment are recruited, selected, and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to the position(s) being filled. Brixmor prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, or any other status protected by applicable law.
If you have questions about careers at Brixmor and are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at:
Brixmor Property Group believes great real estate matters, but great people matter even more.
- WE ARE a publicly traded real estate investment trust, owning and operating more than 500 high-quality, open-air shopping centers (86M in GLA)
- WE VALUE highly talented and passionate professionals who thrive in a culture of integrity, diversity, empowerment, accountability and trust
- OUR MISSION is to act like owners, aggressively managing our shopping centers to deliver growing returns to our shareholders
- WE BELIEVE that our shopping centers should transform the everyday lives of the communities we serve
We are headquartered in New York City with major real estate operations in the Atlanta, San Diego, Chicago and Philadelphia markets, and our Accounting Center is in Philadelphia.
Analyst, Acquisitions/Dispositions (Corporate Office, NYC)
The Analyst will underwrite potential acquisitions and dispositions, prepare investment memoranda to the Investment Committee and Board of Directors and provide transaction support throughout due diligence and closing.
- Perform financial analyses utilizing Excel and Argus software, including cash flow projections and sensitivity analyses
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and market data, including rent comparables and sales comparables
- Collect, organize, review, and summarize property diligence reports, leases, legal documents, financial and operating information, property condition reports, and other due diligence materials.
- Prepare thorough investment packages for potential acquisitions and dispositions, effectively communicating support for underwriting assumptions
- College/university degree required – preference in finance, real estate, business, accounting or economics
- 0-2 years’ experience in finance, accounting, real estate, investment banking or real estate investment sales
- Basic familiarity with real estate finance and leasing concepts
- Demonstrated interest in real estate. Experience in retail real estate a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Argus Valuation DCF or Argus Enterprise a plus
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong technical aptitude and desire to learn new software
- Works well in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills necessary to effectively interact with senior management, brokers and other outside parties
- Please submit a cover letter with your resume when applying
Brixmor offers very competitive pay commensurate with background and responsibilities plus a benefits and perks package that supports career engagement, growth, good health and connection with teammates and our communities.
EOE (Brixmor is an Equal Opportunity Employer)