Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Advisory Services Manager - Financial Services Office - Solutions Enablement - Credit Risk
Location: NY-New York
We currently are seeking a highly motivated Manager to manage client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and lead business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Ernst & Young's Financial Services Office (FSO) is a uniquely industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including retail and mortgage banking, commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers (traditional and alternative), insurance and energy trading companies, and other organizations.
Our Solutions Enablement practice focuses on several areas including an evaluation and design of risk technology architecture, risk reporting solutions, risk and controls frameworks, third party vendor risk assessment, definition of business requirements, system design, integration, testing and deployment. From a business perspective, we focus on providing technology solutions to complex credit risk and capital issues including enterprise credit, regulatory and economic capital management across major sectors of the financial services industry: capital markets, commercial banking, retail banking, and insurance/asset management.
Within Solutions Enablement, the Credit Risk team assists our clients in implementing technology solutions to meet their credit risk needs, specifically around credit risk management, risk-adjusted performance measurement and capital management. Our services focus on several areas of technology including an evaluation of risk technology architecture, definition of requirements, system integration, testing and deployment.
The Credit Risk technology focus areas include:
* Risk and regulatory reporting processes, technology, systems
* Risk and controls analysis
* Design of business and technology architecture
* Definition of business requirements, functional, and technical specifications
* System selection and implementation support
* Quality assurance and testing
* Technology program/project management, PMO design and implementation
Ernst & Young FSO Advisory Services is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. It offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential. Being a member of our FSO Advisory team means you will specialize in a particular competency within Risk, Performance Improvement, or Information Technology Advisory Services (ITAS).
The opportunity is now! If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, Ernst & Young Advisory Services is for you!
Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Understand Ernst & Young and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all Ernst & Young practices to serve client needs.
Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge and develop services to meet ongoing client needs. Possess in depth business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
To qualify, candidates must have:
* a bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
* a bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred
* a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services company
* demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a team of technology advisors through all phases of credit technology life cycle, including requirements definition, architecture design, conversion and testing
* strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
* ability and comfort level researching client inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices, and new technologies
* willingness to travel to meet client needs
* willingness to travel at least 30% and ability to travel internationally
Technology experience in a leadership role across the systems development lifecycle supporting one or more of the following credit risk management domains is desired:
* Regulatory requirements: Basel II, Basel III, Living Wills and other emerging guidelines
* Capital management: ICAAP, Economic capital, stress testing, RAPM/RAROC
* Banking and capital markets credit products and processes
* Counterparty risk, collateral, netting, exposure calculation, exposure aggregation
* Credit risk reporting
* Limits management and reporting
* Risk ratings processes
* Underwriting and servicing
* Loss forecasting, Loan Loss Reserves
* Program management of large scale risk technology projects
In addition to the credit risk management domains listed above, the qualified applicant must have one or more of the following application/package experience:
* Regulatory reporting packages: FinArch, Reveleus, FRS, Axiom
* Credit risk portfolio management packages including Algorithmics, SunGard Adaptiv, CreditManager, Moody’s KMV and SAS
* Other vendor systems supporting Credit Risk Management and Economic Capital