Barclays VP- Finance| Tax & Treasury in New York City, New York
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) Vision: Leaders in Assurance
· Be Brilliant: Leading edge assurance; Leading edge people; Leading edge thinking
· Be Impactful: In the business; In the community and In the profession
· Be Agile: Be independent, a respected voice, innovative and efficient.
BIA Overview: BIA aims to provide independent, reliable, valued, insightful and timely assurance to the Board and executive management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks, in the context of the current and expected business environment and in accordance with the international standards definition of internal auditing.
Overall purpose of role:
Work collaboratively with others in BIA to develop strong independent client relationships, to be a respected voice. Responsible for delivery of audits/assignments to a high standard in line with audit methodology and to support delivery of the BIA Audit Plan.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities:
· Collaborate and support the Director to define the appropriate coverage strategy and audit plan for Finance, Tax and Treasury taking into consideration the Audit Risk Appetite, the current and expected business environment, the regulatory requirements and the resourcing levels within the Function.
· Manage audit work to ensure that relevant risks and controls have been identified and appropriately assessed.
· Review and complete processes and documentation of scoping, risk & control identification, control evaluation and observations in BIA audit toolkit.
· Write high quality observations and audit reports (with input from the audit team).
· Manage audit teams on a day to day basis, working to ensure that audits progress as planned, as regards scope, budget and timetable.
· Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across relevant business units and use this knowledge to update audit approach where necessary.
· Provide complete, accurate and timely information for BIA reporting.
· Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the BIA Director/Managing Director.
Stakeholder management and leadership:
· Lead discussions with clients regarding audit observations, consulting with the Director where necessary.
· Build independent and respected relationships with clients on each audit and develop on-going relationships with key clients in aligned business area.
· Develop a wide network of contacts across BIA and the business to identify and work towards strategic goals.
· Own and drive personal learning to support achievement of career aspirations.
· Engage and motivate others to develop their skills/knowledge/experience to contribute to the success of BIA.
· Celebrate the success of self and others and take pride in achievements.
· Provide constructive feedback and evaluation to team members for audit assignments and support Directors in their assessment of Assistant Vice Presidents (AVPs)
· Act as mentor and coach to less experienced team members and support others to develop. Provide guidance to AVPs during audit assignments.
· Contribute to the attraction of the best people through their role in the recruitment process.
· Create an environment to encourage knowledge sharing, asking questions and sharing viewpoints with BIA colleagues.
· Ensure the inclusion of all colleagues, regardless of background or circumstances.
Decision making and problem solving:
· Take into account reputation of Barclays at all times, through positive interactions and following policy and process.
· Sets an example and supports fair and ethical behaviour in all colleagues.
· Make sure colleagues are equipped to be able to protect our reputation at all times.
· Challenge others where appropriate, if you believe self to be correct.
· Makes decisions on a broad range of factors, with Barclays values at heart.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
· Relevant Finance undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree
· 6 years experience in either in a model development/validation role or consulting and a technical knowledge of Finance, Valuations, Liquidity, Capital or alternatively investment bank
· Knowledge about new and emerging financial products and services
· Specific practical experiences with CCAR, Stress Testing, DFAST, Liquidity and Capital Management, Regulatory Reporting, etc.
· Strong Risk and Control understanding
· Project management experience and ability to conduct complex work under pressure
· Experience in leading others in large project / initiatives / audit assignments
· Display willingness and initiative to learn and share knowledge
· Experience of managing audits/driving initiatives in a relevant field
· Strong understanding of end-to-end model lifecycle (e.g. model development, implementation, validation process)
· Practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment including model risk best practices, SR 11-7, SR 15-18, CCAR, DFAST, and European / US capital requirements
· Proven track record of high performance in previous roles to include senior client management
EEO statement *
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.*
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Title: VP- Finance| Tax & Treasury
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90144538