Barclays QPS Native Developer (AVP) in New York City, New York
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
The Electronic Trading division at Barclays is responsible for providing automated, streamlined trading solutions for external clients and internal divisions within the firm. This group is responsible for a number of systems that provide low-latency client and exchange connectivity, execution algorithms, direct market access, embedded sponsored access, and risk monitoring. This team provides standardized access to this suite of markets and services, and most of the firm accesses Equities and Options markets through this technology stack.
We are seeking a FPGA developer to research, design, and develop our ultra low-latency product. Our product has been commercially successful for many years and through a number of major revisions, and has a deep roadmap of innovative work. This role is focused on technology with responsibilities that include simulation and design of FPGA in a hardware description language, performing timing analysis and closure, failure mode analysis, testing, and documentation. We are seeking an individual that works well in a global team, across a range of products, and that demonstrates ownership of their work.
· Design and development of industry-leading, low-latency FPGA trading systems
· Verification of the FPGA components
· Holistic simulation and testing of the trading system for extreme reliability
· Evaluation of 3rdparty IP
· Shepherd releases through the QA process
· Support the production system
· Mentor junior developers
· BS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
· 5 years industrial FPGA design and verification experience
· 2 years experience in industry or academia with network protocols such as Ethernet, TCP/IP
· 5 years experience working in a Linux environment
· 3 years industrial C, C , or Java experience with an understanding of CS concepts such as data structures and algorithms
· Some exposure to electronic trading and financial markets
· Agile development techniques
· Ability to work within a large enterprise cooperatively, to deliver to a specific business desire while enhancing the corporate environment as a whole
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: QPS Native Developer (AVP)
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90142820