Northwell Health Office Associate- PER DIEM- New Hyde Park- Nursing students preferred in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 001I7T
Job Category General Clerical/Secretarial
1. Schedules and confirms patient appointments and arrival. Performs other various receptionist duties and maintains reception area.
2. Collects, verifies and records demographic, insurance and referral information.
3. Collects, records and receipts outstanding money.
4. Prepares and files patient charts or records.
5. Maintains patient and correspondence transcription records. Collects, sorts, files, locates and distributes needed information, materials, records and paperwork.
6. Operates related office equipment.
7. Answers and processes overflow calls.
8. Typing various correspondence, reports, articles or data entry.
9. May prepare and maintain various statistical data.
10. Keeps inventory and orders supplies.
Performs related duties, as required.
HighSchool Diploma or equivalent, required.
Minimumof one (1) year prior clerical experience, required.
Priorcustomer service experience, required.Patient relations experience, preferred.
Dataentry skills (80 kpm), required.
Working knowledge of PCapplications, required.
Ability to communicate effectively.