SCO Family of Services NYS Licensed Behavior Analyst or BCBA in Nassau, New York
Develop specific behavioral treatment plans for children and adolescents with intellectual disabilities living in a residential treatment program with significant cognitive limitations and behavioral problems.
- Collect and present data regarding the effectiveness of behavioral treatment plans.
- Provide appropriate individual and group therapeutic services to the children in care.
- Consult with school and/or community services regarding the psychological wellbeing of the children in care.
- Consult with, and offer training to, Unit Supervisor and Direct Care Staff regarding the functioning of individual children and the Unit as a whole.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings to discuss the progress of the children in care.
- Provide in-service training in psychologically relevant subjects.
- Administer assessments reflecting individual’s capabilities in relation to community integration and daily adaptive functioning.
- Complete and present monthly reports to team members reflecting individuals’ behavioral progress over the course of a specific time period.
- Keep current in treatment and strategies regarding individuals who have Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disabilities
Some evening hours are required. Typically work schedule: Mon-Fri 10-6pm 3 days, 11-7pm 2 days. Schedule can be adjusted if candidate is willing to work weekend hours. May occasionally be asked to attend late evening staff meetings on residential units.
- BCBA required, NYS Licensed Behavior Analyst preferred.
- Experience with developmentally delayed individuals.
- Skill in applied behavior analysis.
- Skill in adaptive assessment and report writing.
- Experience in residential treatment preferred
Title: NYS Licensed Behavior Analyst or BCBA
Location: New York-Nassau-Sea Cliff
Requisition ID: 29000