Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Sr. Corporate Auditor (18063)
Job Id 18063 - Posted 04/24/2013 - Accounting\Finance - Americas - United States - New York - Melville
Presently, we have an opportunity available in our Corporate Audit team for a Senior Financial/Operational Auditor.
In this role, you will have an active role in improving internal controls and contributing to a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve controls and internal governance. Participate in internal audits of selected areas within the organization. Collaborate with other members of the audit team to coordinate, plan and deliver Audit projects. Serve as a leader and subject matter expert to lower-tiered associates by providing guidance in all aspects of an audit project, including daily performance. Serve as a fieldwork leader of assignments by directing the daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status, and guiding staff performance. Actively participate in all Corporate Audit initiatives.
· Participate in internal audits of selected areas within the organization, including completing pre-audit work in assigned areas and process reviews.
· Completes task assignments within allotted timelines, drafts findings for areas of responsibility and participates in closing meetings with management.
· Participate in Sarbanes Oxley assessment of internal controls over financial reporting.
· Lead and collaborate with Audit team members to plan the engagement and develop audit programs, timelines, budgets, risk assessments and other planning documents.
· Document work performed in work papers and report observations/findings.
· Perform audit test work and guide staff to appropriate testing strategies.
· Oversee a team of Staff Auditors on projects and review work performed by Staff Auditors. In addition, provide training to less experienced staff members regarding risk assessment, audit techniques and process understanding.
· Identify and leverage best practice opportunities.
Experience and Requirements:
3-4 years of financial, operational audit experience.
Big 4 experience preferred.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance required. Masters degree a plus.
Certifications: CPA, CA, CIA or progress towards, certification is a plus.
Domestic and International travel required – 25% - 30%