National Grid Field Engineer, (Assoc.Senior/Lead)Main Replacement Program, Gas Maintenance & Construction in Melville, New York
Title: Field Engineer, (Assoc.Senior/Lead)Main Replacement Program, Gas Maintenance & Construction
About the Position:
As a Mandated Integrity Programs Engineer in our Gas Construction Department you will be part of the team located in Downstate, NY, providing the primary design, interface, field coordination, and close out of multiple mandated natural gas main replacement projects across NYC & LI.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Manage and coordinate multiple gas main replacement projects, working with internal departments, NYS DOT, County and Local Municipal Agencies, engineering consultant firms, and other utilities during the pre-construction and construction phases of the project
* Develop project estimates, designs, sketches, drawings, etc. in accordance with applicable codes & standards as required
* Support as Field Engineer during construction phase of projects
* Closeout projects and manage associated third party invoicing
* Provide rotating standby responsibility as required
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology from an ABET accredited engineering school with up to 2 years of related experience in an entry-level position, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong verbal, written, and customer relations/negotiating skills are imperative.
- The ability to read, understand, and analyze construction drawings.
- Must be knowledgeable of and be familiar with National Grid obligations on the public right-of-way per franchise agreements and common law; and laws and regulations applicable to road construction projects.
- Must be able to negotiate with municipal agencies and its engineering consultants and have an understanding of construction scheduling and claims, and a familiarity with third party construction.
- Knowledgeable of highway, sanitary/storm, water main, and bridge design & construction practices; and have the ability to interpret municipal Public Work's construction and industry standards
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs such as Excel and Microsoft Word required.
- Additionally, strong oral, written communication, interpersonal skills, organizational, and the ability to work independently is essential.
- Valid driver's license
This position is one of National Grid's career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion t hat drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women,individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.