Five Star Bank Part-time Teller 20 - Lakewood Office in Lakewood, New York
FIVE STAR BANK AND AFFILIATE COMPANIES ARE COMMITTED TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. WE RECRUIT, HIRE, TRAIN AND PROMOTE PERSONS IN ALL JOB TITLES AND ENSURE THAT ALL OTHER PERSONNEL ACTIONS ARE ADMINISTERED WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGE, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED CHARACTERISTIC. FIVE STAR BANK AND AFFILIATE COMPANIES ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES TO THE FULL EXTENT REQUIRED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA). IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION PURSUANT TO THE ADA, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTACT US AT (585) 786-4344 OR (585) 786-1417.
Position Title: Part-time Teller
Department: Retail Banking
Salary Range: $9.62-$15.30 per hour
Hours/Schedule: Position is scheduled for 20 hours per week. Regularly scheduled hours will be Monday - Friday (11:00am-3:00pm), and Saturday (8:30am-12:15pm; work approximately every 3rd Saturday, 1 - 2 times per month; when working Saturday schedule rotate with time off during week). Flexibility is needed to occasionally work more or different hours to cover for vacations and holidays.
Reports To (Title): Branch Manager
Purpose: The Teller is responsible for providing a variety of customer service functions involving various transactions and controlling a fund of cash. Work involves constant and direct contact with bank customers and requires the ability to communicate tactfully and provide excellent customer service.
Scope and Direction:
Area of Responsibility: Retail Banking
Degree of Supervision Received: Moderate
From (Title): Branch Manager
Degree of Supervision Given: None
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Responsible for accurately processing transactions for customers (e.g. deposits, loan payments, cashing checks, redeeming bonds, selling gift cards) in a courteous and professional manner. Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
2. Participate in cash and negotiable instrument control measures including cash management, strike, shipping and cash ordering, vault currency, vault balancing, and vault related controls as assigned.
3. Perform operational duties as required including: fill change and/or currency orders, issue cashiers checks and money orders, process night drops bags and mail deposits, balance ATM and resolve ATM discrepancies, settle and balance Cash Advance machine.
4. Balances cash drawer on a daily basis.
5. Maintains and applies knowledge of all security policies and procedures. Completes online compliance training as required within established timelines.
6. Participates in the bank incentive programs in the achievement of bank, branch and individual goals. Develops and maintains knowledge of bank products. Actively promotes referrals and retention of account relationships.
7. Refers questionable or difficult issues to supervisor. Responsible for immediately reporting both internal and external suspicious or fraudulent activity to Branch Management.
8. Effectively utilize necessary and available technology including all bank software as required by the position. Operates office equipment as necessary.
9. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank Experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
10. This job description is not exhaustive. The Teller may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required: Years: 6 months Type: Cashiering, Cash Handling, Customer Service or Sales experience
Preferred: Years: 6 months Type: Cashiering, Cash Handling, Customer Service or Sales experience in a Retail environment
Competencies: Competencies are the measurable or observable knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors critical to performing the essential functions of the position.
1. Cooperation/Teamwork works well with others (internal, external customers and associates)
2. Reliable in fulfilling hours scheduled and consistently punctual
3. Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
4. Writes and speaks clearly and concisely
5. Organized with a high level of attention to detail
6. Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
7. Able to learn and utilize new technology effectively and efficiently
1. Able to regularly stand for prolonged periods of time
2. Able to frequently bend and reach
3. Extensive computer usage is required
4. Ability to perform repetitive motion throughout shift
5. Occasional travel within Branch footprint; Frequent travel required for Floating Tellers
6. Able to lift 50 lbs.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
Five Star Bank and its subsidiaries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human
Employer's Job# 3077
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.