National Grid Director, Infrastructure Services, Center of Excellence in Hicksville, New York
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a leader within National Grid whose primary responsibility is to provide architectural and operational expertise around compute services (Data Center, Server, Storage, IAAS and PAAS). This responsibility includes defining and implementing the server and storage technical architecture in different environments (on-premise and cloud), maintaining accountability for the operational execution of the IT compute function and providing management and oversight of IT architecture and operational delivery resources. Reporting to the Head of Service Strategy the COE Lead must serve as an in-house expert and authority on the technical architecture and how to evolve it to support the business architecture.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Leads the function that provides guidance on the architecture and design of compute solutions for applications or systems, and/or provides expertise and consulting to the project teams as needed
* Accountable for the definition, maintenance and implementation of the infrastructure architecture in support of the business architecture
* Sets the technical direction for the platforms that enable customer facing teams to be successful
* Accountable for the effective execution of day to day compute operations across environments (data center and IAAS/PAAS providers)
* Develops roadmaps, socializes same roadmaps on the value and integration in the environment
* Sponsor all initiatives that will deliver these roadmaps
* Experience working in an outsourced environment.
* Review the performance of operations and identify opportunities for service improvements
Knowledge & Experience Required:
* Bachelor degree in a technical field, preferable Computer Sciences
* Overall 10+ years of experience managing data center operations for heterogeneous technology environments.
* 5 - 7 years of experience of building and or running technical teams.
* Technical knowledge: The COE Lead has a deep understanding of compute and storage technologies. The Lead also demonstrates a solid understanding of the current and available compute architectures, platforms and solutions that support the business, and a broad understanding of their appropriate application in the Exploration and Production industry.
* Business domain knowledge: The COE Lead has demonstrated a strong working understanding of the industry, major business processes, key performance indicators and performance trends for the Exploration and Production industry.
* Formal and informal written and oral communication skills: The communication challenge includes the ability to readily adjust for a wide array of audiences ranging from the upstream CIO to the operating VP's and their staffs. Listening to and understanding each audience's vantage point, then adapting data and information delivery to them and the IT organization is critical. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate and advocate the Compute Service point of view to both technical and business constituencies.
* Managing by influence: To succeed in the role, individuals must build credibility and trust with key business and technology leaders, and create confidence that his/her guidance or influence is essential to the
* Financials: The Compute Services Lead role requires a working understanding of financial budgeting, forecasting and analysis. There is also a need for an ability to construct, revi ew and analyze business cases for proposed initiatives and projects
* Team Leadership: The Compute Service Lead is responsible for the leadership and growth of a diverse team of technologists focused on all areas of the IT Delivery Lifecycle
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that value s a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion t hat drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.