Elderwood Administrative Services Cook in Grand Island, New York
Requisition ID 2017-1656
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 6/5/2017
Area of Interest Dietary
Location Elderwood at Grand Island
Position Type Regular Part-Time
Shift 6am-2pm or 11am-7:00pm
Meal times are highlights of daily life, and excellent nutrition and appetite appeal are central to the well-being of residents and patients. Our chefs, wait staff and kitchen staff prepare and serve delicious, wholesome menus.Shift can be either 6:00am-2:00pm or 11:00am-7:00pmResponsibilities
- Review menus and production sheets to detemine food quantities needed for regular, mechanically altered and other special diet needs.
- Prepare specified food items, as assigned.
- Test cooked foods by tasting and smelling samples.
- Ensure that sanitation and safety standards are met in the preparation, cooking and
- production line stages of food production.
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of specified equipment and the general kitchen work area.
- Supervise food being cooked; ensures that food is held and served at correct
- Assist with preparation of and distribution of foodstuffs.
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food preparation experience required.
- Ability to understand and organize food preparation activities required.
- Ability to carry out cooking tasks at a safe and efficient level of performance required.
- Knowledge of food preparation and production process necessary.
- Pride in quality of food and service necessary.
- High degree of personal cleanliness and good hygiene; health status suitable for service of food required.
- Respect for residents' privacy and rights; respectful and dignified treatment of residents required.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.