Software Specialists Inc System Design Engineer in East Aurora, New York
- The System Design Engineer participates in defining the overall technical solution by interfacing directly with project management and design engineers with the goal of providing system level architectures and trade spaces necessary to support the end-users technical, financial and schedule needs.
- Primary activities include creation of system architecture, performance prediction, system sizing analysis, creating technical requirements baselines and Verification and Validation planning.
In the context of Item 1, list 5-8 major outcomes that this job is expected to deliver through time.
- Create detailed product sizing and performance prediction analysis to support requirements generation for new products through the use of models, simulation and mathematical analysis.
- Support the development of system level solution architecture with the assistance of senior level design and system engineers.
- Contribute to product development by creating and executing detailed Verification and Validation plans and procedures for development and qualification testing of components and subsystems. This to include definition of required test equipment.
- Lead the development of component level requirements that are fully traceable to system level requirements. Write specifications to capture these requirements.
- Participate in the integration and test of components and subsystems.
- Create concise reports and proposal write-ups that describe the design decisions and analysis results.
- Be a key contributor to the preparation of successful proposals. Contributions to include verification and validation approaches, component level design requirements, requirements compliance assessment, cost estimates and technical write-ups.
- Manage work packages within the established budget and schedule.
- Operate as a contributing member of in a team of creative, independent individuals.
- Represent in a manner consistent with its strong technical reputation.
Special Circumstances or Unusual Challenges
What conditions (if any) create unusual difficulty or signify importance for the outcomes that are expected from this job?
- Required to coordinate / gather / facilitate design requirements generated across other design functions such as Electrical Design, Mechanical Design, Software Design and Project / Product Engineering.
- Significant support of STE design engineer to ensure proper verification and validation approach is utilized.
What background (education or experience), skills and competencies are typical of successful job holders?
- Masters of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace or Systems Engineering with 3 years of design / development experience is required An acceptable alternative is a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering plus 6 years of experience in a design / development engineering. A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Technology is not acceptable.
- 4 years of progressive experience in the field of Engineering is preferred. Equivalent years of experience outside will be considered.
- Proven general capabilities/competencies in Initiating Action, Customer Focus, Building Strategic Working Relationships.
- Proven specific capabilities/competencies in Modeling and Simulation, Verification and Validation Methods, Control System Design, Integration and Test.
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Pay Rate: DOE