Citi Solutions Lead Analyst (Buffalo, NY) in Buffalo, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,Buffalo
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17069310
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
A highly independent junior project manager with self-starter mentality is sought to work on key initiatives in the Basel III Market Risk Space while also supporting a BAU regulatory reporting process.
Job background/ context:
Risk Weighted Assets GPO Team is a group within Citi’s Finance Treasury organization.
The team is responsible for Market Risk for the firm including reporting and managing several regulatory initiatives (Basel 2.5/III/FRTB etc.). The team’s focus is on understanding, controlling and improving the market risk data, exposure calculation process and the underlying risk systems and reporting infrastructure, which are critical for regulatory reporting and capital calculation.
• Daily/monthly analysis and reporting of market risk exposure covering all components of Market risk.
• Streamline business processes and systems to comply with regulatory risk frameworks and assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively
• Through complex data and business analysis, gather and organize capital optimization and regulatory reporting data and develop and implement solutions to improve data quality, efficiency, risk management and regulatory capital optimization
• Work on CCAR initiatives and reporting for market Risk
• Contribute to other initiatives within the group if required (regulatory issues, improvement of the overall internal and regulatory (Basel III) exposure calculation process and development of tactical and strategic reporting tools, ad-hoc senior management reporting etc.)
• Lead optimization projects for certain financial portfolios around Basel III rules, Standardized Specific Market Risk, Value at Risk, Stressed Value at Risk, Incremental Risk Capital, Correlation Trading and Trading Book Securitization
• Develop and implement new projects on upcoming regulations like FRTB and strategic solutions to improve current processes around Basel calculations and ensure compliance with Basel regulatory requirements
• Engage in analysis of large and complex data sets to support Basel RWA Risk Weighted Assets calculations for market risk exposures and support initiatives to automate and reduce operational inefficiencies in market risk processes
• Monitor regulatory developments and regulatory market risk changes, assess their impact on current projects and processes, and implement changes as necessary. Significant involvement in FRTB related analysis and project work
The position provides an opportunity to get visibility to senior members of Finance and Risk Management, to work with Front Office, Operations, Risk Analytics, and Financial Control as well as Credit Risk and Business Management staff globally at all levels as well as develop expertise in Citi’s risk management systems. It offers a good platform to enhance knowledge of trading book products (over-the-counter and exchange traded derivatives) and exposure calculation mechanisms, management reporting and project management skills as well as develop strong understanding of regulatory and exposure management issues (Basel III/CRD IV, Capital/Exposure Management).
•Experience must include exposure to market risk, securitizations, securities and derivatives regulatory risk frameworks
• Financial or regulatory reporting
•Exposure to regulatory environment (Basel III/CRD IV)
•Strong data analysis and management reporting/presentation skills.
• MS Excel/Access (ideally also VBA and SQL but not essential).
•Excellent stakeholder management skills. Ability to interact with remote business and technology partners as well as managing multiple priorities if needed.
•Organizational and project management skills.
•Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter, proactive team player.
•Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field and 3 years of experience in a position involving advanced regulatory reporting supporting the financial services industry
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.