Weinberg Campus LPN Team Leader in Buffalo, NY (Per Diem , Days, Evenings, Nights) in Buffalo, New York
Job Overview: ATTENTION: LPN Nurses!!!
Are you seeking to grow and thrive in a professional environment? We have PER DIEM opportunities for qualified LPNs!
Weinberg Campus, offering a full continuum of care, in Getzville, NY is currently hiring LPN Nurse Team Leaders for our Rosa Coplon Living Center. In this role the LPN will take charge of the team to which they are assigned. This involves being directly responsible for resident care, passing medications and performing treatments. The LPN oversees CNA’s work to ensure quality resident care and completeness and assisting in completing performance evaluations.
Why Weinberg Campus? We have a strong reputation of excellent service to our community and treating our employees with respect and appreciation! Our 4-star long term care community was just named a TOP PERFORMER in 2017 by the New York State Department of Health; 1 of only 22 organizations to receive this distinction in NYS! Beautiful environment, amazing residents, supportive team members, competitive pay and great benefits!
Weinberg Campus has over 100 years of providing care to seniors in a modern, well-maintained campus. This community design features high ceilings, skylights, a "main street" set up with access to amenities including a theater, library, dining rooms, gift ship, beauty salons and so much more. We are a non-profit organization serving all faiths and are passionate about creating living space for individuals to live according to their changing needs and values.
The LPN Team Leader at Weinberg Campus:
- Acts as a team leader assuring completion of all resident care needs for his/her team.
- Provide direct “hands on” care to residents.
- Assists in the admission, transfer & discharge of residents.
- Receives report from the off going shift and gives report to the oncoming shift.
- Responsible for passing medications, completing treatments, evaluation and documentation of resident’s response. Accountable for controlled substances and related documentation.
- Supervise and oversee nursing assistants work habits and be available to help as needed.
- Assists physician as needed, including but not limited to, making rounds, taking and transcribing orders.
- Completes daily/weekly documentation as assigned by Supervisor.
- Provide individualized supportive care to the residents and their families.
- Work cooperatively as an integral member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Reads, enforces and follows facility policies and procedures.
- Observe, assess, report and record symptoms of change in condition on a daily basis.
- Completes shift report on care and condition of residents.
- Supervises dining room and residents eating.
- Participates in and promotes staff development and training. Orients staff as needed.
- The LPN Team leader on the night shift will review all residents current physician orders (monthly and interim orders), medication record and treatment record to assure that what the physician has ordered is being carried out.
- Monitor staff and educates them, as needed in infection control procedures.
- Evaluation of staff performance and disciplinary action when applicable.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and continuing evaluation of a nursing care program.
- Maintain competence through continuing education in geriatrics to provide a current approach in orientation and implementation of nursing care to the aged.
- Attends mandatory inservices as per policy.
- Completes duties as assigned by supervisor.
- As needed, assist with direct resident care including lifting, transferring, bathing, toileting, etc. based on resident care needs.
- Keep in close communication with the Resident Care Coordinator/Supervisor in terms of resident problems, progress and care plans.
- Employee must be 18 years of age.
- Must be empathetic and sensitive towards and able to work with the geriatric population.
*Education: *High School Diploma or GED. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure in the State of New York.
*License/Certification: *License and current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Ability to direct and participate in the activities of a single nursing unit in accordance with accepted and medical standards, policies and procedures.
- Prior experience in long term care is helpful but not necessary.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Requires the need to respect the privacy, dignity and confidentiality of all residents.
Program/Facility: Rosa Coplon Living Center
Employment: Per Diem
Shift: Days, Evenings, Nights
Job ID: 1628