Acacia Network Outreach Coordinator in Bronx, New York
We are the largestHispanic non-profit organization in New York, and the second-largest Hispanic non-profit in the country. We’ve been servicing communities since 1969, and we’ve helped thousands and thousands of people with healthcare, substance abuse treatment, home and hospice care, affordable housing, and more. Each year, we care for more than 181,000 children and 118,000 adults. That’s an average of about 3,200 families. And by hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Orlando, and Puerto Rico.
*A Health Home is a Medicaid care management service model to provide patients with chronic conditions, including mental health conditions, substance abuse disorders, asthma, diabetes, heart disease, whereby all of an individual’s caregivers communicate with one another so that all of a patient’s needs are addressed in a comprehensive manner. This is done primarily through a “care manager” who oversees and provides access to all of the services an individual needs to assure that they receive everything necessary to stay healthy, out of the emergency room and out of the hospital. We are proud to serve patients in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens. *
The overall responsibilities of the outreach coordinator will be to work collaboratively with the Intake Coordinator and outreach team to implement and coordinate efforts to educate community members and community based organizations on the Health Home program; its program structure, service provision and benefits to members of the care coordination services.
- Work collaboratively with the Intake Coordinator and outreach team to spearhead member recruitment and Health Home educational activities, in the form of groups, presentations, community functions and community board meetings
- Implements systematic approach to community education process including regular contact with members of the community with an emphasis on home health services.
- Proactively develop and manage community relationships both known and to be identified, from across internal service providers, health care, education and community based organizations to develop and improve channels for integrated pathways for referral and access
- Communicate regularly with management team, supporting best practice in areas of member recruitment, program promotion
- Build and nurture strategic relationships with partner organization (e.g. clinical liaisons and teams at, associations, industry groups, community and regional organizations etc.) to promote awareness of Acacia Network Health Homes and foster/enhance strategic partnerships.
- Assist with the development and implementation of recruitment and retention of members
- Submits bi-weekly reports on community activities, presentations and collaborations made with internal and external service providers
- Create and maintain a community resource library
- Maintains files and records of outreach activities conducted and other general reporting as assigned
- Ensures presentations and educational materials are updated and distributed to targeted population
- Facilitate face-to-face meetings, delivering presentations, and communicating by telephone, and email to ensure effective operations
- Identify strengths and barriers for outreach activities
- Performs enrollment responsibilities as needed
- Work with Intake Coordinator and Outreach Team to achieve and maintain outreach activity and enrollment targets
- Travel required
Here’s what we can offer you.
You’d be making a difference in people’s lives, and we want to make a difference in yours. That’s why we offer perks like:
- A generous compensation package, to attract (and keep) top talent like you.
- Great health, disability, and life insurance plans, to handle any of life’s unexpected curveballs.
- Generous paid time off, so you can recharge your batteries with friends and family.
- A pension plan, to help secure your financial future.
As a leader in the field of substance abuse services, Acacia Network promotes a drug free workplace policy.
Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity.
No employment services or agencies need respond.
High School Diploma required
Associates/Bachelors Degree preferred
2 years experience in successful community outreach/recruitment or volunteer coordination
Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships
Highly organized, motivated self-starter. Excellent time management skills
Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
General knowledge of organization, community and/or social service resources and programs
Bilingual – Spanish speaking a plus
Location: Bronx, NY
Category: Health Home
Job Type: Full Time
Required Education: High School, GED or Equivalent