Cayuga Centers Case Planner in Bronx, New York
Invite a friend
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:Provides and coordinates excellent quality care and healing to Cayuga Center’s children and ensures that every one of the children on the caseload is living with a nurturing, safe, and permanent family as quickly as possible.
- Recognize that each child, parent and foster parent has strengths and is able to change
- Create service plans for families and children that are inclusive of stakeholders’ input
- Ensure that children are safe and well cared for in the foster home through development and maintenance of a positive working relationship with the child and foster parents
- Maintain regular contact with child/foster parent, and immediate response to early signs of disruption
- Gauge parents' progress in achieving service goals through careful observation of parent/child interaction at visits, feedback from other service providers, home visits and interviews
- Explore kinship resources for all children
- Ensure that each child is meaningfully engaged in their education
- Ensure that each child is progressing toward permanency with the goal of achieving permanency within a year
- Work collaboratively and communicate clearly and respectfully with colleagues, families, and other service providers. Ensures full and timely written and verbal communication with families, colleagues, ACS, B2H, and other stakeholders on case developments
- Supervise family/sibling visits both at the agency and off site
- Write timely, clear and concise progress notes, FASPs, Permanency Hearing Reports and other documents as required
- Attend weekly supervision meetings to report on cases and present for discussion any problems, difficulties or unresolved issues
- Participate in staff meetings, seminar and training: maintain and applies a current knowledge of internal and external regulations and policies to applicable foster care
- Attend & play an active role in Family Team Conferences (FTC’s), 20 Day Conferences & Parent to Parent Conference
- Appear in Family Court hearings related to the children and families served
- Respond to client emergencies within or outside work hours
- Read required books.
- Attend required training.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Performs other related duties as requested by immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, education or other human services profession required.
- NYC ACS or private agency child welfare experience required
- Familiarity with OCFS, OMRDD, OMH, and other relevant municipal and state agencies
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook applications
- Ability and willingness to engage and work with families in an “in-home” context.
- Ability to adapt and individualize program interventions to utilize family strengths and skills.
- Flexibility to work when the families are available to meet.
- Ability to work well with people from many cultures including recent immigrants, non-English speakers, and LGBTQ children.
- Willingness to travel within the 5 boroughs of New York City
- Valid NYS Driver’s License preferred
HOURS PER WEEK: Exempt.
- Regular hours entail 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Must be able to flex schedule to meet program needs.
As a full time benefits position, staff is eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, and 401(k) benefits
Job Tracking ID: 512690-594503
Job Location: Bronx, NY
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Level of Education: BA/BS
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 13, 2017
Years of Experience: Up to 2 Years
Starting Date: ASAP