Integer Team Lead - Weekend 1st Shift in Alden, New York
The primary purpose of this job is to act as a leader to production Associates while performing non-cyclical production work such as ordering and maintaining materials necessary to run production, setting up the line with materials and equipment, filling in on the line and performing a variety of assembly and inspection operations when needed. This position will follow and ensures written procedures are met to ensure production and quality requirements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Adheres to Integer Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
2. Requisitions, organizes, delivers, and maintains materials, supplies, and equipment for the production floor.
3. Acts as lead and works autonomously within established procedures and takes direction from Supervision on an as needed basis.
4. Monitors production and verifies production has been assembled per Manufacturing Work Instructions and Quality Work Instructions.
5. Recognizes when Good Documented Practices are not being followed and takes appropriate action to bring into compliance.
6. Ensure Device History Records are handled per defined process.
7. Monitors Standard work within assigned area with a major focus on performing non-cyclic work.
8. Maintains Visual Factory tracking systems. Reports OE and other defined operational metrics for assigned area.
9. Ensures Material Transactions and inventory management systems such as Kanban and other pull signals are being followed.
10. Sets up equipment as needed for assembly and inspection as per process specification.
11. Coordinates the work of others as directed by Supervisor.
12. Monitors quality, safety, and housekeeping issues to ensure a safe and clean work environment and communicates issues to Supervisor.
13. Ability to perform many of the operations in the department.
14. Fills in for production MTM as needed.
15. Identifies training needs and trains MTM on operations and procedures.
16. Performs other functions as required.
Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: 5 years Greatbatch related work experience and/or 7+ years light assembly experience in a regulated industry required; medical device experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge: Computer proficiency. Ability to read, comprehend and follow detailed instruction. Must possess the ability to recognize obvious defects in workmanship. Demonstrates competency in multiple critical assembly processes.
Special Skills: Excellent communication skills required. Familiarity with microscopes and measuring devices required. Certification for industry specific assembly requirements such as IPC soldering standards for the Medical device and Military markets desired. Technical training in welding, material science, and one year related quality experience preferred.
Other: Proficient in assembly operations over a wide range of products and processes and is able and willing to fill in where needed to maintain production flow. Will train others in assembly operations.
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Alden,NY
- Job Type: Management
- Experience: At least 5 year(s)
- Date Posted: 8/12/2017